Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Fantastic Burger Recipe

I’ll frequently toss random ingredients together to make a meal and occasionally I’ll strike gold. I did the other day and just had to share it. So if you want to take your taste buds on an adventure, here’s a wild recipe I created for a very flavorful burger. It's perfect for tailgating, or just plain getting excited for the upcoming deer season!

1.5lbs of venison burger, 1 hot banana pepper (or suitably spicy substitute), 1/2 apple, 1/4 cup Velveeta cheese, 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce, 1 tsp mesquite seasoning, dash of garlic and herbs seasoning, salt, pepper

Remove the seeds and dice the pepper, slice the cheese and apple into 1/4" sized cubes, mix all together and make patties, grill but don't over-cook. Enjoy!

The flavor is delicious! Something magical happened between the smoky grill, savory mesquite, tart apple, melted cheese and pepper kick - making this the best burger I've created in years. Every tasty bite is yet another reason why I hunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment