Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Spring Fever! You Can Win a Turkey Call, Details Below

Wow, last weekend's record temperatures really kick started my spring fever! We demolished a record high of 82 with an afternoon 87 and strong storms put down spring rains and large hail in SE Iowa! Now that the temperatures are springy, I am having a hard time narrowing down which passion to pursue. Do I go fishing? (BTW, yes is never a bad answer to that question). Do I set some trail cameras for turkey season? Do I continue shed hunting, or start morel mushroom scouting? About that time, I remember I should probably fix the mower and clean the yard from what winter left behind because in a few weeks the grass will really begin growing! But who wants to do that when you could sit outside with a glass of lemonade and relax? I know I'm not alone. A lot of us are struggling with what to do! With so much to talk about here's what I'll focus on in the coming weeks and the next several blog posts: 

Morel Mushrooms! We're talking about specific weather factors you'll need to look for to find these tasty treats. We'll also look at the different types of morel mushrooms and talk about safety. I'll make a mushroom forecast for when you will be able to go looking and be successful.

Turkey Hunting! Of course I'm talkin' turkey, season opens this weekend for the youth and next week for the big kids! I'll launch an extended outlook to focus on weather factors that will either lock down big Tom's or create a morning of mythical proportions where gobbles will endlessly echo across the valleys.

A Prize Giveaway! One lucky reader will win a brand new turkey call from HS Strut for the best comment on my blogs. It could be you, so don't stay henned up! Let me know what you think about my blogs talkin' turkey or morels. I'm tracking my blogspot hits and I'll choose the winner once we get the readership up above 200 in one day. So tell your friends to read up and comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment